Obama tells outright falsehoods during last night’s debate
A written transcript of last night’s Presidential debate proves beyond any reasonable doubt that Barack Hussein Obama is totally unworthy of trust: an outright prevaricator through and through. Let’s begin with his involvement with ACORN. During the Nuremberg trials, Nazi war criminals used the following defenses, in the following order: (1) “It didn’t happen,” (2) “All right, it happened, but I wasn’t there,” and finally, (3) “All right, I did it, but I was only following orders.” Here is what Barry told Captain (USN, retired) McCain, moderator Bob Schieffer, and the American people about an organization whose members are being indicted for, and pleading guilty to, charges of fraudulent voter registration.
- Barack Obama: Now, with respect to ACORN, ACORN is a community organization. Apparently what they’ve done is they were paying people to go out and register folks, and apparently some of the people who were out there didn’t really register people, they just filled out a bunch of names. It had nothing to do with us. We were not involved. The only involvement I’ve had with ACORN was I represented them alongside the U.S. Justice Department in making Illinois implement a motor voter law that helped people get registered at DMVs.
Right, Barry, “It had nothing to do with us. We were not involved,” i.e. “I wasn’t there.” Well, Barry, you were there. Per “Case Study: Chicago-The Barack Obama Campaign,” By Toni Foulkes,:
- As Sen. Obama puts it, how did a skinny kid with a funny name become the Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate, with 53% of the statewide Democratic vote in a seven-person field?
Obama started building the base years before. For instance, ACORN noticed him when he was organizing on the far south side of the city with the Developing Communities Project. He was a very good organizer. When he returned from law school, we asked him to help us with a lawsuit to challenge the state of Illinois’ refusal to abide by the National Voting Rights Act, also known as motor voter. …
Since then, we have invited Obama to our leadership training sessions to run the session on power every year, and, as a result, many of our newly developing leaders got to know him before he ever ran for office. Thus, it was natural for many of us to be active volunteers in his first campaign for State Senate and then his failed bid for U.S. Congress in 1996. By the time he ran for U.S. Senate, we were old friends. And along about early March, we started to see that the African-American community had made its move: when Sen. Obama’s name was mentioned at our Southside Summit meeting with 700 people in attendance from three southside communities, the crowd went crazy.
…Toni Foulkes is a Chicago ACORN leader and a member of ACORN’s National Association Board.
Next we come to the question of infanticide and live birth abortion
- McCain: Senator Obama, as a member of the Illinois State Senate, voted in the Judiciary Committee against a law that would provide immediate medical attention to a child born of a failed abortion. He voted against that.
And then, on the floor of the State Senate, as he did 130 times as a state senator, he voted present.
Then there was another bill before the Senate Judiciary Committee in the state of Illinois not that long ago, where he voted against a ban on partial-birth abortion, one of the late-term abortion, a really — one of the bad procedures, a terrible. And then, on the floor of the Illinois State Senate, he voted present.
I don’t know how you vote “present” on some of that. I don’t know how you align yourself with the extreme aspect of the pro- abortion movement in America. And that’s his record, and that’s a matter of his record.
Obama: Yes, let me respond to this. If it sounds incredible that I would vote to withhold lifesaving treatment from an infant, that’s because it’s not true. The — here are the facts.
There was a bill that was put forward before the Illinois Senate that said you have to provide lifesaving treatment and that would have helped to undermine Roe v. Wade. The fact is that there was already a law on the books in Illinois that required providing lifesaving treatment, which is why not only myself but pro-choice Republicans and Democrats voted against it.
Is that so, Barry? Registered nurse Jill Stanek says otherwise. So does bornalivetruth.org.
- In 1999 a gruesome discovery was made that an Illinois hospital was shelving babies to die in a soiled utility room who had survived their abortions.
The Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act was introduced in 2001 to provide legal protection to all born babies, wanted or not, including the right to medical care.
Then-state Senator Barack Obama voted against Born Alive 4 times in 3 years and was the sole senator to speak against it on the Senate floor in 2001 and 2002.
In 2002, the Federal version of Born Alive passed unanimously in the US Senate and by overwhelming voice vote in the House. The pro-abortion group NARAL even went neutral on the bill. [Jerrold Nadler, one of the most liberal members of Congress, said “there is no such thing as a right to a live birth abortion.]
But In 2003, Barack Obama voted against the identical version of Born Alive in Illinois. Then, for the next 4 years he repeatedly misrepresented his vote until it was recently discovered in the IL General Assembly archives.
Explore our website to learn the shocking truth: Senator Obama opposed granting legal recognition to born alive infants as human beings, and thus denied them the guarantee of medical care.
- I was a registered nurse in the Labor & Delivery Department at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois, in 1999 when discovering babies were being aborted alive and shelved to die in the soiled utility room. …Was fired in August 2001 by Christ Hospital for reasons related to my public outspokenness to its abortion practices.
If Christ Hospital had been in violation of an Illinois law–the one Barry says has always existed–it would not have been in a position to fire anybody. Employers do not come out of courtrooms in very good shape if it is proven that they fired someone for reporting a violation of the law. If this law that Barry says has always been on the books really existed, why did Illinois not take legal action against this hospital? The only possible conclusion we can reach is therefore that Barry told a blatant falsehood.
- Barack Obama: With respect to partial-birth abortion, I am completely supportive of a ban on late-term abortions, partial-birth or otherwise, as long as there’s an exception for the mother’s health and life, and this did not contain that exception.
Barry ought to have a talk with his wife, because Michelle Obama circulated a fundraising letter that spoke of the need to support partial birth abortion.
As for “exceptions for the mother’s life and health,” we agree that a pregnancy that threatens the woman’s health should be terminated. We do not, however, see why it is necessary to stick a scissors into the skull of a fetus that is already mostly outside the mother’s body and then suck out the fetus’ brains. The fetus’ head is, in fact, designed to fit through the vagina, and trouble usually arises in breech delivery cases (where the baby emerges legs first). If it were necessary to protect the mother from death or serious injury, though, we would call it a justifiable homicide.
Once the baby is completely outside the mother, though, she has exercised her “choice,” and tossing the baby in a soiled linen utility room or a bag of chlorine bleach (as was done in Florida) is obviously not a medical necessity. This is what Jerrold Nadler calls a “live birth abortion,” and it is what Barry supported during his tenure in the Illinois legislature.
Now let’s take a look at what Barry said about self-proclaimed bomber Bill “Guilty as hell, free as a bird,” Ayers.
- Obama: In fact, Mr. Ayers has become the centerpiece of Senator McCain’s campaign over the last two or three weeks. This has been their primary focus. So let’s get the record straight. Bill Ayers is a professor of education in Chicago.
Forty years ago, when I was 8 years old, he engaged in despicable acts with a radical domestic group. I have roundly condemned those acts. Ten years ago he served and I served on a school reform board that was funded by one of Ronald Reagan’s former ambassadors and close friends, Mr. Annenberg.
Other members on that board were the presidents of the University of Illinois, the president of Northwestern University, who happens to be a Republican, the president of The Chicago Tribune, a Republican-leaning newspaper.
Mr. Ayers is not involved in my campaign. He has never been involved in this campaign. And he will not advise me in the White House. So that’s Mr. Ayers.
- In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.
Recall that the only material difference between Bill Ayers and terrorists like Osama bin Laden and Timothy McVeigh is that Ayers’ bombs did not actually kill anybody. This is not because Ayers made any efforts to protect innocent bystanders from his bombs, but because the Weathermen were incompetent bomb-builders and also because no innocent people happened to be nearby when they exploded. Ayers tried to blow up the Pentagon, but his two pounds of explosives were not up to such a task; Osama bin Laden used an airplane full of innocent people. Here is what Bernadine Dohrn, meanwhile, said about the Tate-LaBianca murders: “Dig it! First they killed those pigs and then they put a fork in their bellies. Wild!” Dohrn said of the bombings,
- We only did a couple, and they were carefully done. They involved property and were not meant to harm anybody. They were symbolic and done so that everyone would instantly recognize what was being said. It was ‘armed propaganda’. Sure, it was violent, and it’s hard to justify twenty years later, but it was extremely restrained and a highly appropriate response to the level of violence being rained nationally and internationally.
Can anyone say “reckless endangerment?” The French agents who sank the Greenpeace ship “Rainbow Warrior” were explosives professionals. They did not want to kill anybody either, and they actually set off a small explosive charge to get the crew off the ship before a larger one sank it. The home of William “Guilty as hell, free as a bird” Ayers and Bernadine “kill the pigs and put a fork in their bellies” Dohrn is where Barack Obama launched his political career.
Infanticide, election fraud, and terroristic bombings–this is the land of Barack Obama, and it sure isn’t our land. The choice before us on November 4 has never been so clear-cut: four years of honor with McCain, or four years of shame with Obama.