Barack Obama expects to buy the Presidential election with eight figures’ worth of advertising on radio, television, and other media, just as his supporters at MoveOn.org claim to have bought the Democratic Party. If you circulate the following information to friends and neighbors, blogs, and other media, it will eventually reach every voter with Internet access, and then Obama’s big money sources won’t do him the slightest bit of good. Barack Obama needs to learn the hard way that the United States is not for sale to him and his big money sugar daddies, and MoveOn.org needs a good hard kick in its collective teeth from the REAL Democratic Donkey.
Barack Obama says he wants to get away from “special interest” funding of elections with donations of $5, $25, or “whatever people can afford.” The truth is that he has funded his campaign with “Dinner with Barack” lotteries of questionable legality, and possibly predetermined winners, six-figure bundled contributions from “ordinary people” like Lehman Brothers (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00009638), and diversion of the United Church of Christ’s tax exempt resources to his campaign.
A fundraising letter from Obama’s campaign manager says,
We are going to compete in the general election the same way we have all along — by depending on a movement of more than 1.5 million people giving only what they can afford.
The Center for Responsive Politics (http://www.crp.org) suggests otherwise at http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00009638.
This table lists the top donors to this candidate [Barack Hussein Obama] in the 2008 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organization’s PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals’ immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.
Goldman Sachs $691,930
University of California $611,207
Citigroup Inc $448,599
JPMorgan Chase & Co $442,919
Harvard University $435,769
Google Inc $420,174
UBS AG $404,750
National Amusements Inc $389,140
Microsoft Corp $377,235
Lehman Brothers $370,524
Sidley Austin LLP $350,302
Skadden, Arps et al $340,264
Time Warner $338,527
Wilmerhale Llp $335,398
Morgan Stanley $318,070
Latham & Watkins $297,400
Jones Day $289,476
University of Chicago $278,885
Stanford University $276,038
Right, Barry, little ordinary people like those “bitter” small town people who “cling to guns and religion” who give “whatever they can afford.” Next we come to fundraising through possibly illegal, and possibly rigged, “Dinner with Barack” lotteries.
- Were Obama’s Lottery Winners Picked in Advance?
- Obama camp’s illegal lottery modified: Campaign’s promotion strayed into definition of banned gambling
- Giving to Obama ‘lottery’ called illegal gambling: ‘Is he licensed by the state to do that? In 37 states this is a misdemeanor’
The United Church of Christ’s 2007 Annual Synod in Hartford CT was funded with tax-exempt money, which cannot legally be used to support a political campaign. This did not stop Barry from blindsiding his own church, and getting it into trouble with the Internal Revenue Service, by giving a speech with campaign-related content after promising not to do so.
- Did Obama’s Campaign Misuse 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Resources?
- IRS Implies Obama, not Church, to Blame for Misuse of Tax Exempt Resources
- Complaint to IRS alleging Obama campaign’s misuse of tax exempt church resources for electioneering (This is the complaint that prompted the IRS investigation. It includes screen shots of Obama campaign workers or volunteers using the United Church of Christ annual synod to promote Obama’s candidacy)
- Obama’s Alleged Misuse of Church Resources could End Campaign
- Obama’s General Synod speech prompts IRS to investigate UCC’s tax-exempt status
- An Open Letter to Barack Obama By Jeffrey Lord. “ Dear Senator Obama: Our common denomination, the United Church of Christ, has a suddenly serious legal and financial problem with the Internal Revenue Service. You, personally, are the cause of this problem.”
- IRS Investigating Obama’s Church
damn BLESS America, McCain/Palin 2008. (Not authorized by any political campaign)