Also published a blood libel of Israel plus a letter from a Hamas terrorist
The following information was sent to Jewsvote.org to place it on record that Jewsvote.org, whose stated mission is to tell the truth about Barack Obama, is aware of these facts. Our own stated position on urban legends and smears is, “Unless you can show us proof, or a reference similar to the kind one would cite in a trade journal or research paper, don’t show us the material in the first place.” Honesty and fairness demands that we join Jewsvote.org in dispelling rumors and urban legends no matter what we think of Obama, and we hope Jewsvote.org will similarly provide its readers with the truth, whether pleasant or unpleasant, about him.
It is a matter of record that the church to which Barack and Michelle Obama belonged for 20 years questioned Israel’s legitimacy as a state, blood libeled Israel by publishing accusations of genocide and development of instruments of genocide, published a guest opinion piece from a Hamas terrorist, and advocated divestment from Israel. The references are directly from the Trinity United Church of Christ’s own Web site (or that of the Trumpet Magazine) and therefore cannot possibly be fabrications, smears, or urban legends. We hope Jewsvote.org will review this material and verify its accuracy, and reconsider its advocacy of Obama’s candidacy.
Jeremiah Wright’s “Look Again,” which is still online as of August 28 2008, questions Israel’s legitimacy by calling it in effect the “so-called state of Israel” (see page 9 of the .pdf file that is hosted at tucc.org, which belongs to the Trinity United Church of Christ.
Most of our members do not know that my Master’s Degree from the University of Chicago’s Divinity School was in the area of Islam in West Africa during the 19th Century when the trans-Atlantic Slave Trade was at its zenith. Islam has as many manifestations as Christianity and Judaism, but most Americans are only fed a media diet on Islam as it relates to the “war on terror” and the Palestinian muslim problem in the “state” of Israel.
Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A Wright, Jr, Senior Pastor
Open Letter to Oprah from Ali Baghdadi on Her Visit to Palestine
I am so glad that you will be visiting my country, Palestine. I wish I could be there to greet you. Certainly, despite the genocide and ethnic cleansing they face every hour of the day, my people will be there. They will be happy to see you and will receive you with open arms.
You must know that Zionist Jews from all over the world, particularly Europe, came to my Palestine, not as guests, but as settlers and occupiers in the early part of the 20th century. The natives were referred to as snakes from which the land must be cleansed. In 1948 they occupied 72% of my land and emptied out over 500 Arab (Christian and Muslim) towns and villages. In 1967 they occupied the remaining 28%.
…if you look down across the valley you can see the site of the massacre of the village of Deir Yassin. Hundreds of armless [presumably “unarmed”] and helpless Arab men, women, and children were shot to death, by the Irgun, Wiesel’s associates and friends, in April 1948. The remaining women survivals were paraded in trucks through the streets of Jerusalem. I can never forget this scene, just can’t. My family, among the thousands of Palestinians, had to flee. NEVER AGAIN are two hollow words. They don’t apply to non-Jews.
I must tell you that Israel was the closest ally to the White Supremacists of South Africa. In fact, South Africa allowed Israel to test its nuclear weapons in the ocean off South Africa. The Israelis were given a blank check: they could test whenever they desired and did not even have to ask permission. Both worked on an ethnic bomb that kills Blacks and Arabs.
The Trinity United Church of Christ’s official bulletin also hosted a guest opinion piece from a Hamas terrorist named Marzook. “A Fresh View of the Palestinian Struggle” by Hamas terrorist Mousa Abu Marzook was still online at tucc.org as of August 14 2008.
Trumpet Magazine (official publication of Obama’s church) urged divestment from Israel, as shown by the following screenshots from the July 2005 edition.
In summary, we are confident that, after Jewsvote.org reviews this information, it will reconsider its support of an individual who belonged to a church that challenged Israel’s legitimacy, published a blood libel of Israel and “Zionist Jews,” published material from an actual Hamas terrorist, and urged divestment from Israel.