Tony Wicher’s “My Favorite Antisemite” at the Official Website of Barack Obama 2008 Presidential Campaign attacks the Zionist Thought Police and then quotes Desmond Tutu, who suggests that the “powerful Jewish Lobby” will fall like Hitler, Mussolini, Idi Amin, and other dictators. When circulating this story to your associates, please keep the following in mind:
- (1) This is Barack Obama’s official campaign site, and it is under his editorial control.
(2) Tony Wicher’s material cannot be written off as a hit and run smear job by a Republican or Clinton operative. His point score, a measurement of his activity at my.barackobama.com, puts him in the top ten percent or higher, and he has been active on the site since February 2007 (more than a year)
(3) A comment at the bottom of this entry was removed for being “offensive” or “disrespectful,” thus showing that Obama’s moderators saw it. They apparently did not think a comparison of the “powerful Jewish lobby” to Hitler was offensive or disrespectful.
Screen shots and relevant excerpts appear below.
- My Favorite Antisemite (from “The Rootless Cosmopolitan”)
By Tony Wicher – Oct 11th, 2007 at 11:33 pm EDT
Also listed in: 10 groupsThe utterly charming thing about the Zionist Thought Police is their apparent inability to restrain themselves, even from the very excesses that will prove to be their own undoing. Having asked sane and rational people to believe that Jimmy Carter is a Holocaust denier simply for pointing out the obvious about the apartheid regime Israel maintains in the occupied territories, the same crew now want us to believe that Archbishop Desmond Tutu is an anti-Semite…..
- He [Tutu] has spoken forcefully on human rights struggles around the world, and his statements about the West Bank are based on what he has seen there. The diminutive Bish is a moral giant of our times, and the fact that he is condemning Israel for maintaining an apartheid system on the West Bank should serve as a wake-up call to liberal Americans who prefer not to think about these things.
Mr. Wicher then quotes Tutu, who compares the “Jewish lobby” to Hitler and Stalin.
- “But you know as well as I do that, somehow, the Israeli government is placed on a pedestal [in the U.S.], and to criticize it is to be immediately dubbed anti-Semitic, as if the Palestinians were not Semitic. I am not even anti-white, despite the madness of that group. And how did it come about that Israel was collaborating with the apartheid government on security measures?“
- People are scared in this country [the U.S.] to say wrong is wrong because the Jewish lobby is powerful – very powerful. Well, so what? This is God’s world. For goodness sake, this is God’s world! We live in a moral universe. The apartheid government was very powerful, but today it no longer exists. Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Pinochet, Milosovic, and Idi Amin were all powerful, but in the end they bit the dust.
Let’s see if we can help Mr. Wicher and Mr. Tutu get their point across about that “powerful Jewish lobby” and “Zionist thought police”… this picture ought to do it. And yes, we would say that comments about an all powerful “Jewish lobby” and “Zionist Thought Police” are indeed anti-Semitic. They are completely in line with anti-Semitic propaganda like the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion and The Eternal Jew that suggest a worldwide Jewish conspiracy to control everything.
Material at the end of this page suggests that Barack Obama’s moderators were fully aware of this page’s content, and that they do not consider comparison of the “Jewish Lobby” to Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini “offensive” or “disrespectful.”
- wow, a comment on your post, imagine that | Report to Admin
By boatsie Oct 16th 2007 at 4:29 am EDT (Updated Oct 17th 2007 at 9:40 pm EDT)
This post has been removed due to offensive or disrespectful content.
- Re: wow, a comment on your post, imagine that | Report to Admin
By Tony Wicher Oct 20th 2007 at 2:42 am EDT
Somebody removed a comment on my post? I wonder what the comment was? I never read it.
As shown here, Tony Wicher is obviously not a fly by night agent provacateur. He is a prominent and esteemed member of Barack Obama’s online community.