We received the following unsolicited E-mail from Genghis John the Khan Kerry via the Obama campaign. While it was obviously not Genghis John’s intention to tell us how to destroy Barack Obama’s candidacy, he has provided us with exactly that information. The same goes for the National Jewish Democratic Council, which provided similar information.
This year, the attacks are already starting. Some of you may have heard about the disgusting lies about Barack Obama that are being circulated by email. These attacks smear Barack’s Christian faith and deep patriotism, and they distort his record of more than two decades of public service. They are nothing short of “Swiftboat” style anonymous attacks.
…We need you to email the truth to your address books. Print it out and post it at work. Talk to your neighbors. Call your local radio station. Write a letter to the editor. If lies can be spread virally, let’s prove to the cynics that the truth can be every bit as persuasive as it is powerful.
We agree entirely, and by doing exactly the things that Genghis John has described, we can destroy this fairy tale (Obamanation is more descriptive) before it turns into a sick and devastating practical joke on the United States. The truth about Obama can be spread virally (NJDC uses the same word, “viral E-mail”) to end his candidacy.
(1) E-mail the truth about Obama’s ongoing promotion and endorsement of Al Sharpton and his hate organization, the National Action Network, to your friends. (Don’t spam.)
(2) Check your employer’s policies (and the law) before printing out and posting anything at work. Do NOT use company equipment like copiers for this purpose.
(3) Talk to your neighbors about Obama’s promotion of racism and anti-Semitism.
(4) Write letters to the editor to remind your community of the things Sharpton and the National Action Network has done, and the fact that Obama endorsed both Sharpton and his hate group last April.
NJDC’s Ira Forman adds,
Attacks against our Democratic candidates must be countered with the facts. The earlier we start, the more powerful our pushback. I urge you to forward this message along to voters of all parties and political persuasions so we can stop the saliency of right wing attacks before it is too late. And, please send us any smear emails aimed at Jewish voters you receive so we can help debunk them.
The truth can be spread in the same manner, and the Obama campaign has absolutely no defense whatsoever against the following issue.
FACT SHEET (copying and circulation is encouraged)
(1) This April, Barack Obama appeared at a meeting of Al Sharpton’s National Action Network. He posed arm in arm with Sharpton while making the following endorsement: “Reverend Sharpton is a voice for the voiceless, and a voice for the dispossessed. What National Action Network has done is so important to change America, and it must be changed from the bottom up.” He made further appearances with Sharpton later in 2007.
(2) In 1988, Al Sharpton played a major role in perpetrating the racist Tawana Brawley scam in Wappingers Falls, NY. The scandal did enormous damage to the community (it cost Dutchess County hundreds of thousands of dollars to investigate phony rape allegations) while damaging the reputations of several residents. Sharpton was found civilly liable for defamation.
(3) In 1991, Al Sharpton’s incendiary anti-Semitic rhetoric, including comments about “diamond merchants” and “the blood of innocent babies,” played a role in the Crown Heights riots. A rampaging mob of Sharpton’s followers re-enacted the Night of the Broken Glass in Crown Heights while yelling “Kill the Jews,” which they did: a rabbinical student named Yankel Rosenbaum. Sharpton: “If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house.”
(4) In 1995, the National Action Network–the same organization at which Obama appeared–paraded around Freddy’s Fashion Mart in Harlem while screaming racial and anti-Semitic epithets such as “bloodsucking Jews,” “We’re going to see that this cracker suffers. Reverend Sharpton is on it,” “Jew bastards,” “cracker lover,” and “white interloper”–the latter from Sharpton himself. One of the demonstrators added an arson threat that a deranged individual later put into effect with the loss of seven innocent lives.
(5) More Sharpton statements: “White folks was in caves while we was building empires … We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” “That nigger whore turning tricks in City Hall” (re: David Dinkins). “Jewing numbers up and down” (posted on YouTube).
The appearance of a credible Presidential candidate with a prominent hate monger and his hate organization empowers and enables the latter instead of relegating them to the lunatic fringe where they belong. It is a matter of record that Obama has been asked to disassociate himself from Sharpton, and the response was at best a dismissive blow-off if not a deliberate insult. Obama cannot promote racism and anti-Semitism today and expect the vote of any decent and civilized person tomorrow.