Obama Fundraiser Host Effectively called Jews “Christ-Killers”
Aesop wrote long ago that birds of a feather flock together. Barack Obama flocks with so many racists and anti-Semites that it is reasonable to conclude that he is one himself. We previously described his connections with:
(1) MoveOn.org, an anti-Semitic hate group whose members (backed by official bulletins) say Israel has no right to exist. MoveOn.org has also published an anti-Catholic hate cartoon that shows Pope Benedict waving a gavel in front of the U.S. Supreme Court.
(2) Al Sharpton, a prominent racist and anti-Semite whose inflammatory rhetoric helped provoke the Crown Heights riots and the arson of Freddy’s Fashion Mart.
(3) Jeremiah Wright. As reported by Atlas Shrugs, “[Wright’s] rhetoric includes attacks against white people and against Israel.”
(4) George Soros, a prominent hater of both Israel and the United States, which he calls a danger to world peace that is in need of “de-Nazification.” We remind Soros that, had genuine Nazis discovered his Jewish identity before the “danger to world peace” defeated them, he would have been gassed and turned into a lamp shade. Obama received tens of thousands of dollars from Soros and his family.
(5) Now Barack Obama has attended a $1000 a plate fundraiser hosted by an individual who has effectively called Jews “Christ-Killers.”
Did Obama Pick the Wrong Playmates? reports,
Barack Obama is heading to Greenwich this weekend to raise money from well-known hedge-funders (i.e. Paul Tudor Jones), but a minimum $1,000-a-head reception at the home of retired Knick Allan Houston on Saturday is drawing heavy criticism from some Jewish anti-discrimination groups. …Back in 2001, Houston and fellow Knick guard and so-called “God squad” mate Charlie Ward were jeered by fans after making statements Jewish groups deemed anti-Semitic. Though Ward was the most criticized (he said Jews had Jesus’s “blood on their hands” and were “stubborn” during a pre-game Bible study), Houston supported Ward’s notion that Jews were responsible for Christ’s death by whipping out his Palm Pilot to find the relevant scripture (Matthew 26:67) and said: “Then they spit in Jesus’ face and hit him with their fists.”
(At the time both Knicks apologized and said their quotes were taken out of context. “I want to embrace any group of people,” Houston said. The ADL went soft on Ward and said he didn’t “understand the impact of his comments.”)
Noting how the ADL knowingly and willfully whitewashed MoveOn.org’s sponsorship of blood libels of Jews (and evangelical Christians), the above is hardly surprising. If the Ku Klux Klan was raising money for left-wing Democrats, ADL would probably take it off its Web page of hate organizations. Like-minded Al Sharpton has already said that Louis “Judaism is a gutter religion” Farrakhan is not an anti-Semite, and that his own use of “Greek homos” is not a slur against gay people. If, however, we use Al “diamond merchants” Sharpton’s own standards, Louis Farrakhan is admittedly not an anti-Semite–just as the Klan’s David DuKKKe probably does not consider the White Aryan Resistance’s Tom Metzger a bigot.
It is to these individuals’ credit that they apologized, but so did Don Imus. Barack Obama’s friend Al Sharpton demanded that Imus be fired anyway, and he was. Trent Lott apologized for praising ex-segregationist Strom Thurmond, but he lost his position anyway. Obama will therefore have to excuse us for not judging him and his associates by their own standards, which obviously say that “sorry just doesn’t make it.”
These are also the standards of the National Jewish Democratic Council, which denounced Mitt Romney for appearing at the Henry Ford Museum. Ford, a long-dead EX-antisemite, also apologized for and repudiated his sponsorship of an anti-Semitic publication. What, then, are we to say of Obama for appearing with what is at best a live ex-antisemite (Houston, assuming that he is really sorry about what he said), and with a live and unrepentant racist and anti-Semite (Sharpton)?
Jen Psaki, an Obama spokeswoman, says the campaign has no plans to return or reject any of Houston’s contributions.
Of course Obama is not going to reject the money; what self-respecting prostitute would? There is an old joke about a man who offered a high-class woman ten thousand dollars to sleep with him. “How about fifty dollars?” he asked after she agreed. “What do you think I am?” she demanded indignantly. “Madam, we have already established what you are; we are now negotiating the price.” When Obama accepted five-figure donations from Soros and his family, he could at least claim to be a high-priced prostitute. Allan Houston’s $1000 a head reception shows that Obama will turn tricks for $1000, and we have to wonder whether a $50 a plate fundraiser hosted by some other bigot or hate group would be enough to get him on his back (figuratively speaking).
Birds of a feather flock together, and Barack Obama has surrounded himself with far too many haters and hate groups to allow any conclusion other than that he is one himself.